Lakewood Real Estate - Serving the Lakewood Area Since 1978
Lakewood Real Estate - Serving the Lakewood Area Since 1978

What You Need for a Mortgage

  • W-2 forms — or business tax return forms if you're self-employed — for the last two or three years for every person signing the loan.


  • Copies of at least one pay stub for each person signing the loan.


  • Account numbers of all your credit cards and the amounts for any outstanding balances.


  • Copies of two to four months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and savings accounts.


  • Lender, loan number, and amount owed on other installment loans, such as student loans and car loans.
  • Addresses where you’ve lived for the last five to seven years, with names of landlords if appropriate.


  • Copies of brokerage account statements for two to four months, as well as a list of any other major assets of value, such as a boat, RV, or stocks or bonds not held in a brokerage account.


  • Copies of your most recent 401(k) or other retirement account statement.


  • Documentation to verify additional income, such as child support or a pension.


  • Copies of personal tax forms for the last two to three years.


Courtesy of Lakewood Real Estate, Lake Odessa, MI.

Print | Sitemap
© Aaron McClelland